Professor (lector) of sustainable fuel and gas
EnTranCe, Centre of Expertise Energy
Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanzehogeschool Groningen), is currently looking for a Professor (lector) of sustainable fuel and gas.
Are you the ambitious professor who wants to shape research into sustainable fuel and gas in an innovative and dynamic educational environment together with students, lecturers and the professional field?
The research line Sustainable Fuel and Gas
It is one of the biggest challenges for the near future: the transition to a sustainable society, which is based on the use of clean energy sources. New solutions and new approaches are needed at a large scale. Hanze UAS is a leader in applied research into renewable energy. It is one of the universities of applied sciences where students from various disciplines are trained in energy education and are involved in research into energy matters.
EnTranCe | Centre of Expertise Energy, speeds up the transition to clean, renewable and affordable energy. Scientists, students, businesses, authorities and social institutions all come together to share their knowledge at our centre of expertise. Together we develop the innovations that are much needed for the energy transition and strengthen the regional knowledge economy.
Coal, oil and gas are diminishing as sources of our energy supply. We are making the switch to renewable energy. This is a huge change that will affect everyone. At EnTranCe we look at this change from many different perspectives, taking a systems view. With our applied research we answer the most pressing questions and develop new solutions and ideas for the energy transition. In our testing facilities we look at what really works. And with our curricula we are educating tomorrow's creative, multidisciplinary accelerators. The energy consumer is the protagonist in everything we do; accordingly, the motto of EnTranCe is 'People in Power'.
EnTrance is a public-private partnership that offers room for open knowledge-sharing. Here, the concept of open innovation is being put into practice. Innovative ideas are exchanged with companies, authorities and social institutions. Through stimulating innovation, EnTranCe speeds up the energy transition and strengthens the knowledge economy in the north of the Netherlands.
The research line Sustainable Fuel and Gas is part of the research portfolio of EnTrance.
What will you undertake?
As professor Sustainable Fuel and Gas, you will lead the research line of the same name and the associated research group. Production, storage and application of sustainable fuels such as hydrogen and (bio-)LNG are issues central to the research line.
Based on your vision and expertise, you will give substance to the research line in collaboration with members of the research group. There is ample opportunity for personal input and development.
Specific tasks of the professor include:
- Organizing and managing research into sustainable fuels;
- Establishing collaborations with other research groups, as well as with partners in the field, in order to promote an integral technological perspective;
- Enthuse students and lecturers in relevant bachelor and master programmes for research in collaboration with the professional field;
- Acquisition of funding and relevant research assignments and projects;
- Participate in education at both master and bachelor level, and contribute to the visibility of the research group for students;
- Dissemination of acquired knowledge through, among other things, lectures, seminars and publications of achieved results;
- Support for PhD positions within the framework of the research line;
- Safeguarding developed knowledge regarding research and sustainability in a wider context.
What do we ask from you?
From the professor we expect that they:
- Hold a doctorate in a technically relevant field that requires knowledge of physical and physico-chemical aspects, e.g. chemical technology, engineering physics or mechanical engineering;
- Knowledge of production, storage and application of sustainable fuels;
- Feel at home in an innovative context and can translate its dynamics in an appropriate way into the content of the research line and research group;
- Have leadership and project development qualities;
- Are able to translate research in educational practice;
- Are visible in the (public) debate and networks with regard to issues surrounding sustainability and can link it with the research group;
- A strong network in the field of energy and energy transition and an ability to form coalitions with relevant partners in public and private sectors;
- Are visible and active in the workplace, have a passion for education and can make teachers and students enthusiastic about research.
Information about this vacancy
Type of contract: temporary for 4 years, 0.6-1.0 FTE.
Salary for a full-time appointment: min. € 5.362,- max. € 7.485,- depending on experience, in accordance with pay scale 15 of the CAO-HBO (collective employment agreement for higher education). You will be appointed to the position ‘Professor B’.
Starting date: a.s.a.p, in any case before 1 September 2021.
What do we offer you?
Hanze UAS has excellent development opportunities for employees. We challenge employees to develop their talents. Hanze UAS has very good (secondary) employment conditions, such as a wide range of career and development opportunities, activities for a healthy and active lifestyle, a year-end bonus and?a number of?collective insurance policies. Hanze UAS also has a?flexible working hours?and leave scheme.
For more information about this job vacancy, please contact Jan-Jaap Aué, Director of EnTranCe, telephone: +31 (0)50 595 4680. You can also contact Peta de Vries, Dean of the Institute of Engineering, at +31 (0)50 595 3552 or +31 (0)6 5262 7610.
Will you be our new colleague?
Click the application button to send your CV and covering letter. If you do not meet all job requirements, but do have an interest in this vacancy, you can contact Niek Witsenboer, Corporate Recruiter, telephone: +31 (0)50 595 6916, email: email@example.com
. Please do not use this email address for your application (click on Apply-button).
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
- The first interviews will take place on Wednesday 26 May 2021.
- The selection procedure may include an assessment.
- Applications for this job vacancy are open to both internal and external candidates. Current employees of Hanze UAS will be given preference over external candidates.
- We ask new employees to provide a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG); Hanze UAS will reimburse the cost of this certificate.
Download vacancy text
Closing date: 16 may 2021